Monday, October 27, 2008

Married With Children

I had eight happy kids for house church Sunday school yesterday. Every week, we go around in a circle and share prayer requests and write them in the class journal.

This week was especially delightful. Completely (I really do mean completely) out of nowhere, this one boy raises his hand and says, "We should pray for Miss Sarah to get married!" As if it were the most brilliant idea in the world! In between fighting the impulse to laugh out loud and hug the kid to pieces, I simply told him, "That is a good prayer request." A sweet girl then followed his example and added, "And we should pray she has lots of children, so they can come back!" Whoa there, lady. To which the rest of the kids replied with one most blessed "YEAH!!!" This is when my heart melted.

Where do they even come up with this sorta stuff?? These kids have been living in the Middle East for way too long :) Already trying to marry me off...just like the rest of 'em.