Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sing


I walked into Filipina church late today. I call it "Filipina church" because it a church full of only women.

I missed nearly all of the praise and worship portion, except for the last chorus of one song. They began taking the offering, as I finally settled in my seat. For some reason, no one was scheduled to sing or play the offertory music today. (That may sound surprising, but if you ever came to this church with me, it wouldn't be too hard to believe :D)

A woman from the congragation asked, "Who will sing the music?" Another lady ("led by the Spirit," of course) excitedly said, "Sister Sarah! Sister Sarah!" I am not sure where she got this brilliant idea. Other women agreed, "Yes! Sister Sarah, sing!" I think this is when my jaw dropped, my eyes opened wide, and I laughed out loud. I thought, "Wow! Wait, wait, wait, wait, what?! This is really happening?!"

I couldn't say no. So I went up there and sang one of my favorite songs, "As the Deer" acapella. Just gotta be ready at all times, yeah? :)